ABOUT THIS CASE
We Understand That Not Every Cases is the Same
Our firm helps people create and manage their estate plans. But we also help people deal with the legal and financial ramifications involving an estate after a loved one passes. These ramifications are often very different depending on the family members involved, the size of the estate, and the types of property and assets involved. We understand that cases are unique, and our attorneys work tirelessly to help resolve delicate issues carefully so that they don’t lead to worry or even anger.
A client came to us soon after a loved one passed. The decedent’s will left a remote property in Washington to our client, as well as his siblings. The client wanted to buy out his siblings’ interests in the property and wanted us to help transfer the property and record the necessary documents.
Two critical facts pertaining to the case were that:
- The property presented unique issues regarding its transfer, and
- There was an estranged relationship among the siblings, but all siblings had to agree to the property’s transfer.
Our attorneys were tasked with transferring a tricky piece of property. They were also pressured with getting the transfer done right the first time around so as to keep disgruntled feelings at bay.
We went to work by:
- Researching the legal requirements to transfer the property
- Gathering the necessary documents for the transfer and completing them on our client’s behalf,
- Working with a local title company to make sure our puzzle had every piece in place
We acquired all necessary signatures from the various family members and did so while minimizing family frustrations and feelings of disaffection. We helped effectuate the transfer and we successfully recorded all necessary documents with the title company.